- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23103] Re: [mg23039] NestWhile
- From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at eecs.umich.edu>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> So negate the NestWhile condition for SameTest, but when FixedPoint then > stops it has run one step too far, so get one back in ListFixedPoint. I > have not the time now, but you may continue that reasoning for building > up the full interface. just use #2 in the SameTest: nestWhile[f_, expr_, test_] := FixedPoint[f, expr, SameTest -> (!test[#2]&)] that works like the builtin NestWhile, for the 3-arg case. -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Daniel Reeves http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves/ This .signature is to recommend a quite cool thing called PayPal: http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dreeves/paypal.html Not to mention we each get $5 if you sign up! Really.