- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23103] Re: [mg23039] NestWhile
- From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at eecs.umich.edu>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> So negate the NestWhile condition for SameTest, but when FixedPoint then
> stops it has run one step too far, so get one back in ListFixedPoint. I
> have not the time now, but you may continue that reasoning for building
> up the full interface.
just use #2 in the SameTest:
nestWhile[f_, expr_, test_] :=
FixedPoint[f, expr, SameTest -> (!test[#2]&)]
that works like the builtin NestWhile, for the 3-arg case.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Daniel Reeves http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves/
This .signature is to recommend a quite cool thing called PayPal:
Not to mention we each get $5 if you sign up! Really.
Prev by Date:
Q: how to rank a list of elements?
Next by Date:
Re: Needs and <<
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: