- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23273] hating DSolve...
- From: Nicola Attico <attico at localhost.localdomain>
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Centro SERRA - University of Pisa
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
It seems to me that Mathematica DSolve is not able
to find the solution of the very standard Legendre equation...
When it could be useful....
DSolve[(1-z^2) f''[z]-2 z f'[z]+(a(a+1)-(m^2/(1-z^2)))f[z]==0,f[z],z]
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
conversion 2.2.3 -> 4.01
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: hating DSolve...