Re: Mathematica and MacOS X.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24681] Re: Mathematica and MacOS X.
  • From: ags at seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:19:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8m3vl1$dk7 at smc.vnet.net>,
Andrea Riciputi  <ariciputi at iol.it> wrote:
>At the end of the year Apple will release MacOS X, the new Unix based
>Cupertino's OS, and all new Macintosh will be sold with this system
>pre-installed. I'm a Mac and Mathematica user and I'd like to know if
>people at Wolfram are working at the port and when it should be ready.

I don't have any connection with Wolfram, but I can tell you that
Mathematica was running on NeXT machines from the time of the first
release of the NeXT cube, and it has been running on other Unix platforms
for a good many years.  Mac OS X shouldn't be that much of a transition
for them.

Dave Seaman			dseaman at purdue.edu
Amnesty International calls for new trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal
<http://www.refuseandresist.org/mumia/021700amnesty.html>