Re: A simple problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24853] Re: [mg24802] A simple problem
  • From: Matt.Johnson at autolivasp.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:24:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Francisco-

look at the documentation for DumpSave.

-matt

Francisco Gutierrez <rpena at impsat.net.co> on 08/13/2000 01:16:41 AM

Subject: [mg24853]  [mg24802] A simple problem

This is a possibly trivial problem, but it may be relevant for many
Mathematica users.
Suppose I have a function, I apply it to my data and I tag the result, eg:
example= function[data_]
I would like to use the tag without having to evaluate the function once and
again.  Of course, this is possible within each Mathematica session.  But I
would want to save the notebook, start a new session and then use the tag,
without having to run the function again (in my specific case, each time I
run it costs more than 2 hours of computer time).  Is there a way?
Thanks,
Francisco Gutierrez