How to implement arg min f(x)?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24936] How to implement arg min f(x)?
- From: Mike Yukish <may106 at psu.edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:22:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Penn State University, Center for Academic Computing
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to implement arg min f(x), but when I use the FindMinimum
function it returns the minimum and it returns the argument for the
minimum in the form "x -> 1.234", i.e. a string. I am using the
minimization in a manner analogous to solving Ax=b for x by finding
arg min ||Ax-b||
How do I pick off the value of x?
To further complicate things, I am using the Excel/Mathematica link
package, and I want the value of x for use in Excel.
Prev by Date:
Several colors in MultipleListPlot
Next by Date:
How to avoid complex exponents?
Previous by thread:
Re: Several colors in MultipleListPlot
Next by thread:
Re: How to implement arg min f(x)?