Re: Re: want to modify NDSolve--molecular dynamics with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26375] Re: [mg26365] Re: want to modify NDSolve--molecular dynamics with mathematica
  • From: Richard Gass <gass at physics.uc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:40:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
There is a little known option to NDSolve called "StoppingTest". Rob
Knapp talked about this option is his talk on NDSolve at the last
developers conference. I believe that you can use StoppingTest to
stop the solution when x[t]>a0 . You can then restart NDSolve after
you have moved the atom.

--
Richard Gass
Department of Physics