Re: physical colors and Mathematica colors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26414] Re: physical colors and Mathematica colors
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) the conversion in a nice FORTRAN program can be found at
   http://www.physics.sfasu.edu/astro/color.html
b) You can dwonload a Mathematica package
   ColorFuntions.m form

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/ColorFunctions.m

   with a function SpectralColor[h] that returns the RGB colors for
   h in [0,1] (or lambda in [380,700] nm)
   the scalung for h in [0,1] is done to use it as value for the
   ColorFunction option.

Regards
  Jens