Check *and* Off
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21887] Check *and* Off
- From: Paul Howland <paul.howland at nc3a.nato.int>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:54:43 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: NATO C3 Agency
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thanks for all those who responded to my previous question. Now a new, unrelated one. I have a function which uses the FindRoot function. Occasionally FindRoot fails to converge, as there really is no solution. To trap this occurence, I have wrapped the call to FindRoot in the Check function. If an error in FindRoot occurs, I trap it, and substitute a Null solution into the list I am generating. Everything works beautifully so far. However, I don't want Mathematica to print error messages all over my screen every time this occurs!! I'm dealing with the problem!! However, the manual says that Check will not trap errors that have been disabled with Off. So, it seems there is no way to silently trap an error message. Is this true? Paul.