Re: ContourPlot in arbitrary shape domain.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21877] Re: ContourPlot in arbitrary shape domain.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:54:33 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, the book by Tom Wichham-Jones (Packages on MathSource http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0208-976 ) have an constained contour plot. Hope that helps Jens Roberto Brambilla wrote: > > Hello! > > Sometimes I've to contour plotting a f(x,y) function on a > domain other than rectangular (ring, L,U,T-shapes, multiconnected > regions,etc.). An obvious solution is to subdivide the domain in > rectangles and to paste all the relative contourplots by some > external graphical program (or real scissors). > Heavy work and poor results. > There are not tricks or packages to improve ContourPlot function > extending its use to regions defined by a set of equations ? > I'd like something as > > ContourPlot[f[x,y],< set of xy-region specifications>] > > Many thanks in advance Roberto > Dott. Roberto Brambilla > ENEL PEA > Via A.Volta, 1 > 20093 Cologno Monzese (MI) > tel +39.2.7224.5364 > fax +39.2.7224.5465 > bramrob at pea.enel.it