OptionQ (was Re: Re: Creating Raster Image Animation)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21946] OptionQ (was Re: [mg21905] Re: Creating Raster Image Animation)
  • From: Preston Nichols <pnichols at wittenberg.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:49:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Alan and other Mathematica sages,

OptionQ is obviously very useful and valuable.

My kernel knows all about OptionQ:

In[1] := $Version

Out[1] = 4.0 for Microsoft Windows (July 26, 1999)

In[2] := ?OptionQ

Out[2] = OptionQ[e] returns True if e can be considered an option or list
of options, and False otherwise.

but my Help Browser (including the Master Index and the Mathematica Book)
has no knowledge of it at all.

Should I draw any conclusion from this about OptionQ, or is this just one
of those oversights that happen sometimes, because we're all merely human?

Preston Nichols
Mathematics and Computer Science
Wittenberg University