Mathlink and packed arrays
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22024] Mathlink and packed arrays
- From: "DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 02:38:07 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I wish to download index-coloured (8-bit) images from Mathematica to a
non-standard video card as fast as possible, preferably within one or two
frames. (It is not particularly
relevant, but the card is a Cambridge Research Systems VSG2/4). The images
might be as large as 800 x 600, but are more often about 256 x 256.
I have attempted to do this with Mathlink but my
attempts have been very very slow (tens of seconds). Initially, I used
arrays of Integer, then I tried speeding things up by converting the images
to a String. This gains some speed, but nowhere near enough. So now I am
hoping that someone might be able to help.
(1) has anyone done anything similar using Mathlink, either to a video or a
sound card or any other hardware?
(2) if I were to used a Packed Array of Integer, instead of just Integer,
how should the type specification now appear in the Mathlink *.tm file?
(3) has anyone used Mathlink with Packed Array for any other purpose, and
how did it work out?
Mark R Diamond
Vision Research Laboratory
The University of Western Australia
no spam email: markd at psy dot uwa dot edu dot au
Prev by Date:
Re: Evaluation of functions inside Plot
Next by Date:
Re: missing greek letters in ISO 8859-7
Previous by thread:
Re: Default values / optional parameters
Next by thread:
Re: Mathlink and packed arrays