Re: Orientation of characters in FrameLabel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22040] Re: Orientation of characters in FrameLabel
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 02:38:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

this depend on your operating system. Some systems are not able to
display text that is rotatet by +- 90 degree. The PostScript output &
the printout are correct because PostScript can rotate a text string but
the operating system may only be able to display characters upright and
not rotated. In this case Mathematica "simulate" the rotated text by
using upright characters in vertical direction.

You may switch to a modern computer with a less primitive operating
system
(i. e. not a Mac) or you may look at the simulated text rotation
and be happy with the correct printed graphics.

Hope that helps
  Jens