LogLogPlot trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22140] LogLogPlot trouble
  • From: Nicola Attico <attico at peg2.difi.unipi.it>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:35:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
I've a very basic problem with the procedure
LogLogPlot. The problem is that:
I normally include the procedure with

In[1]:=<<Graphics`Graphics`

and this works fine. The problem is that I need
to do a framed plot, so I type (for example):

In[2]:=LogLogPlot[x^2,{x,0,5},Frame->True]

So, Mathematica draws the plot and put the numbers
on the axes (0.1, 0.01, 0.001 and so on, what is the
"official" name?) both on the right and on the left,
on the top and on the bottom. Now, this is a problem
for me because I need a figure with these numbers
also on the left and on the bottom (for publishing).

There is some way to overwrite this behaviour of
LogLogPlot, that is not the same of Plot (when
"framed", Plot put numbers also where I would like
them).

Thanks in advance,
Nicola.

Nicola Attico
Dip. Fisica - Pzza Torricelli, 2 - Pisa
E-Mail: attico at peg2.difi.unipi.it
© 2000 by Nicola Attico, all right reserved