Re: Selecting numbers with all odd digits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22224] Re: Selecting numbers with all odd digits
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 02:35:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Tom:

A slight speed up

Select[Range[6990], Union[OddQ[IntegerDigits[#]]] == {True} &]; // Timing

        {3.35 Second, Null}

Select[Range[6990], Select[IntegerDigits[#], EvenQ, 1] === {} &]; // Timing

        {2.25 Second, Null}

The 1 in the inner Select terminates the test if an even digit is found

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK