Using user-defined functions (newbie question)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22358] Using user-defined functions (newbie question)
  • From: cdeacon at .physics.mun.ca (Chris Deacon)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:14:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Suppose I define a function, called myfunc[a_,b_,c_]:=
several_lines_of_code

How can I call this function in another notebook without retyping
entire function, so that the command

value=myfunc[x,y,z] will give me the desired result?

Do I simply include a Needs command at the top of the worksheet, or
what?

Chris Deacon