Re: Building lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22345] Re: [mg22312] Building lists
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:13:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Tom,

Here are several ways. MapThread is the most direct. I often think of MapThread as a
way to build a table where the arguments are not evenly spaced but given by a list,
as with your colors.

Show[Graphics[
 {MapThread[{#1, Disk[{0, 0}, #2]} & ,
      {{Blue, Red, Purple, Plum, Gold, Olive, Pink,
        Navy, Mint, Black}, Table[i, {i, 200, 20,
         -20}]}]}],
   AspectRatio -> Automatic,
   PlotRange -> All, DefaultFont -> {"Times", 18}];

If you really want to use Table with less control of the colors, you can use
something like this: (which is somewhat a misuse of Hue)

Show[Graphics[
 {Table[{Hue[i/50], Disk[{0, 0}, i]},
      {i, 200, 20, -20}]}],
   AspectRatio -> Automatic,
   PlotRange -> All, DefaultFont -> {"Times", 18}];

Or this:

Show[Graphics[
 {Table[{Hue[i/200, 1 - i/800, 1],
       Disk[{0, 0}, i]}, {i, 200, 20, -20}]}],
   AspectRatio -> Automatic, PlotRange -> All,
   DefaultFont -> {"Times", 18}];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/