greek labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21420] greek labels
  • From: Attico Nicola <attico at peg2.difi.unipi.it>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:46:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi group,

I have this problem with a Mathematica v3
running on a Linux workstation.
When I try to put greek labels on a plot,
for example with

Plot[x,{x,0,1},AxesLabel->{"x","\[Alpha]"}]

label is coreectly displayed in the notebook
but, after exporting the grephics with the

Display["figura.mps",%]

command and then fixing it with

psfix figura.mps > figura.ps

the label is not displayed correctly, exactly
a latin "a" appers instead of the greek alpha.
I've solved this problem directly editing
the postscript file, but I was wondering if
there is a more elegant way and if it has to be
considered a bug or not.

Thanks in avance,
Nicola

Nicola Attico