Re: Re: Problem with Rasters & Density Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21412] Re: [mg21398] Re: Problem with Rasters & Density Plots
  • From: Maarten.vanderBurgt at icos.be
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:46:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo,

I had a similar problem in the past. I dug up an 'old' message from January
last year. As you can see, in my case the black density plot  had nothing
to do with a mesh setting.

Maarten

Maarten.vanderBurgt at icos.be on 26-01-99 07:44:27 PM

Subject: [mg21412]  [mg15538] Re: ListDensityPlot gives PostScript error

Tom, Paul, Rolf,

My ListDensityPlot went wrong with any simple array. It had nothing to
do with a mesh being too fine or so.
Reducing the number of colors from 24 bit to 16 bit as suggested by Tom
below did solve the problem.
For some reason ListDensityPlot  has problems with 24 bit colors on
some/all(?) systems.

Thanks for your help,

Maarten

        ____

Maarten van der Burgt

R&D Department

ICOS Vision Systems
Esperantolaan 9
B-3001 Leuven
Belgium
tel.    + 32 16 398220       direct  + 32 16 398316     fax.    + 32 16
400067
e-mail: maarten.vanderburgt at icos.be

        ____

tburton at brahea.com (Tom Burton) on 19-01-99 12:16:27 AM

Please respond to tburton at brahea.com

Maarten,

I get this error on my Windows 95 machine only with 24-bit ("true")
color. I avoid it by reducing my color to 16-bit.

Hope this helps.

Tom

On 18 Jan 1999 05:03:09 -0500, in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica you
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a problem making a ListDensityPlot. When I execute
>ListDensityPlot[array] I get a completely black plot and the system
>beeps.  "The Why the Beep?" function in the Help menu gives then "There
>was an error in the PostScript code of the last PostScript cell
>displayed."
>
>ListDensityPlot has worked properly on my system in the past. Does
>anyone have any suggestion where to look for the origin of this problem
>and how to fix it?
>I have Mathematica 3.0.1 running  under Windows NT4.
>
>thanks a lot
>
>Maarten van der Burgt

Tom Burton        Brahea, Inc.       760/436-7436

Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 04-01-2000 08:12:31 AM

Subject: [mg21412]  [mg21398] Re: Problem with Rasters & Density Plots

Hi,

set the Mesh-Option to false.

I assume you have images with pixels > 200 x 200
Matheamtica try to draw black mesh lines and the mesh
lines erase the density graphics below.

Hope that helps
  Jens

KCConnolly at aol.com wrote:

> I'm running Mathematica 3.0, and have just noticed that the Raster,
Raster