Re: Problem with Display and ImageSize

Hans Steffani wrote:

> This was the first time I got no answer. Therefore I try a second
> time.
>
> The lines
>
> Display["normal.eps",Plot[x x, {x,-2,2}],"eps"];
> Display["klein.eps",Plot[x x, {x,-2,2},ImageSize->2*72],"eps"];
>
> Produces normal.eps which is a fine eps-file and klein.eps(*) which
> is not.
>
> The bounding box is given as
> %%BoundingBox: 0 22 144 122
> but should be something like
> %%BoundingBox: 0 168 144 270
>
> Hans Friedrich Steffani
>
> (*) Klein = small
> --
> Hans Friedrich Steffani
> Institut fuer Elektrische Maschinen und Antriebe, TU Chemnitz
> mailto:hans.steffani at e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de
> http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~hfst/
>
> --
> Hans Friedrich Steffani
> Institut fuer Elektrische Maschinen und Antriebe, TU Chemnitz
> mailto:hans.steffani at e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de
> http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~hfst/

It works fine for me; the first produces the bounding box
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 288 177.875
while the other one produces
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 144 144

Which version of Mathematica are you using? There was a bug in
PostScript renderer in early 3.0 release which could be the source
of your problem.

Bye, Bojan

Bojan Bistrovic,                       bojanb at physics.odu.edu
Old Dominion University, Physics Department,      Norfolk, VA