a question about complex variable
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21620] a question about complex variable
- From: ZHU Xiaopeng <xpzhu at red.semi.ac.cn>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 02:35:10 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200001170343.WAA13446@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In my algebra computation, I obtain a expression:
C = (- I Cos[2 P] - Sin[2 P]) Tan[A]
P,A are real variables. Apperently, the argument of C is -2(P+Pi/4) and the
absolute value of C is Tan[A]. But when I use Arg[C] and Abs[C], Mathematica
Out=Abs[(-I Cos[2 P] - Sin[2 P]) Tan[A]]
Out=Arg[(-I Cos[2 P] - Sin[2 P]) Tan[A]]
This problem appeared at beginning of the computation. I have no idea to deal
with it, so the expressions become longer and longer during the computation.
Can somebody help me?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Mathematica and Windows 2000
Previous by thread:
Re: Plotting A verticle line?
Next by thread:
Re: a question about complex variable