working with large strings.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21615] working with large strings.
- From: dustin <dsoodak at virtu.sar.usf.edu>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 02:35:07 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of South Florida
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If you want to write a program that alters elements of very large lists
you can alter single elements with
However, if you want to do this with a large string you have to do
The problem with this is it requires making a whole new copy of the
string to change just one element. This will really slow a program down
if you are working with large strings or have to repeat the process many
Does anyone know a way around this?
Prev by Date:
Re: Series expansion of ArcSin around 1
Next by Date:
Header/Footer formatting question.
Previous by thread:
Time series analysis
Next by thread:
Re: working with large strings.