Re: How the customize the fonts in the menu?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21714] Re: How the customize the fonts in the menu?
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:52:32 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <86bm6q$b63 at smc.vnet.net>, Lingchong You <you at cae.wisc.edu> writes: > Is there any easy way to customize the fonts used in the Mathematica > (4.0) menu? I'm not sure what you mean by "customize," but I suspect that the answer is "no." The Format -> Font menu on the front end determines its subcontents based on what fonts are supplied by the operating system. There is no way to add, remove, or rearrange the order of these items, short of uninstalling fonts from the operating system (or windowing environment, if you run Mathematica on a Unix system). If you are looking for a way to manage the appearance of text in your notebook, you may want to consider changing font settings in your notebook's style sheet rather than repeatedly manipulating font settings from the Font menu. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.