Re: maldelbrot set

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21732] Re: maldelbrot set
  • From: "Clifford J. Nelson" <cnelson9 at gte.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 03:45:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Frankb34 at aol.com wrote:

> I'm relatively new to mathematica and I'm curious if mathematica can perform
> the iterations necessary to display the Madelbot or Julia sets?

The Mandelbrot set is always shown with complex numbers in the complex plane ,
but, B3 numbers are essentially the same as the third cyclotomic field and they
work too with a version of Bucky Fuller's synergetics coordinates. See:

http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/geometry-research/brydilyum

   Cliff Nelson