Drawing polytopes

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24236] Drawing polytopes
  • From: Matthijs Sypkens Smit <matthijs at>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:39:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm wondering if it's possible to draw (convex) polytopes defined by
systems of linear inequalities. For example the system:

x + 2y + z <= 3
2x - y >= 0
-x + 2y + z >= 0
y + z >= 0
2x + 3y + 3z >= 1

Can I get Mathematica to draw the polytope defined on R^3 by this system?

I'm able to solve this system with
but the data is hard to interpret this way.

btw; the same problem, but a little more intuitive, would be to draw a
cube with the system defined below:

{x >= -1, x <= 1, y >= -1, y <= 1, z >= -1, z <= 1}

Any hints are appreciated,

** Do you know EVERYthing there is to know about your idol? **
Check it out: