External programs, notebook interface
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24420] External programs, notebook interface
- From: mend0070 at garnet.tc.umn.edu (Philip C Mendelsohn)
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Using the text based interface, !ls, or !date or other various Unix
shell-escapes work just fine. In the notebook FrontEnd, however,
they do not.
This is the output I get:
Syntax error in or before "Thu Jul 13 10:03:59 CDT 2000".
(line 1 of "!date")
If I run various configurations of Run["command"], it works but doesn't
echo the output (which is I as I would expect.)
RunThrough["command", expr] doesn't work the way I want either.
I know that I've done this before -- at one point I just lived in M
and scarcely even changed to a shell window. Now, I fear I forgot
how, or M is trying to pull a "Gaslight" on me.
Lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math
Prev by Date:
RE: Problems with Legendre expansion
Next by Date:
Re: Why doesn't Log[ E^x ] = x ?
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica for High School Students
Next by thread:
Re: External programs, notebook interface