Re: Can Mathematica 4 do this?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24518] Re: Can Mathematica 4 do this?
- From: Harald Giese <giese at ifm.uni-hamburg.de>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Institut fuer Meereskunde, Universitaet Hamburg
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hyun Go write: > > Hi all, > > I'm trying to solve a system of 8 equations with 8 > unknowns using Solve --by simply making them into a > system of simultaneous equation and let Solve run. > However, the calculation's been running for more than > 40 mins so far and I'm still waiting (I have set > $RecursionLimit = 2000). > > All 8 equations in the system are non-linear; Should I > stop trying it with Mathematica, or is there any > command more appropriate in dealing with non-linear > equations? > Thanks, > Hi Hyun, You may try FindRoot. Perhaps you should tell us more about the equations. Regards, Harald -- Harald Giese Email: giese at ifm.uni-hamburg.de Phone: +49 (0)40 42838 5796; Fax: +49 (0)40 5605724 Institut fuer Meereskunde der Universitaet Hamburg (Institute of Oceanography of the University of Hamburg) Troplowitzstrasse 7, D-22529 Hamburg