Re: Can Mathematica 4 do this?

Hyun Go write:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to solve a system of 8 equations with 8
> unknowns using Solve --by simply making them into a
> system of simultaneous equation and let Solve run.
> However, the calculation's been running for more than
> 40 mins so far and I'm still waiting (I have set
> $RecursionLimit = 2000).
>
> All 8 equations in the system are non-linear; Should I
> stop trying it with Mathematica, or is there any
> command more appropriate in dealing with non-linear
> equations?
> Thanks,

Hi Hyun,

You may try FindRoot. Perhaps you should tell us more about the
equations.

Regards,
Harald

--

Harald Giese
Email: giese at ifm.uni-hamburg.de
Phone: +49 (0)40 42838 5796; Fax: +49 (0)40 5605724
Institut fuer Meereskunde der Universitaet Hamburg
(Institute of Oceanography of the University of Hamburg)
Troplowitzstrasse 7, D-22529 Hamburg