Re: Confluent hypergeometric function of matrix argument

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24592] Re: Confluent hypergeometric function of matrix argument
  • From: Roland Franzius <Roland.Franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If your matrix power means matrix product,
for a diagonal matrix simply map the function into the matrix:
1F1[ { (0,0,0),(0,a,0),(0,0,b)} ] ={ (0,0,0),(0,1F1(a),0),(0,0,1F1(b) }
Of course you can save time using only the diagonal vector and use
multiplication like scalar product without sum

(a,b,c) * (A,B,C) =(a*A,b*B,c*C)

--
Roland Franzius

  +++ exactly <<n>> lines of this message have value <<FALSE>> +++