Re: Programming Trig Functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23923] Re: Programming Trig Functions
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:57:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8i9ppe$2js at smc.vnet.net>, dehartre at hotmail.com (BeckyD) writes: > I am writing a program and I need to convert the ArcCosign from > radians to degrees. I have this formula: ArcCos = > ArcTan(Sqrt(1-x*x)/x)*180/pi, but it won't work with negative numbers. See; http://mathworld.wolfram.com/InverseCosine.html There you will find a relation between the inverse cosine and inverse tangent that is valid for both positive and negative values of x. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.