Re: Programming Trig Functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23923] Re: Programming Trig Functions
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:57:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8i9ppe$2js at smc.vnet.net>,
dehartre at hotmail.com (BeckyD) writes:
> I am writing a program and I need to convert the ArcCosign from
> radians to degrees. I have this formula: ArcCos =
> ArcTan(Sqrt(1-x*x)/x)*180/pi, but it won't work with negative numbers.
There you will find a relation between the inverse cosine and
inverse tangent that is valid for both positive and negative
values of x.
Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
Re: Integrate returns 0
Next by Date:
Fonts & Printing
Previous by thread:
Programming Trig Functions
Next by thread:
Re: Newbie question: pairswise function