how much graphics RAM?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24031] how much graphics RAM?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:07:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
System requirements for Mathematica 4.0 under Windows NT do not say
anything about graphics (video) RAM.
To run Mathematica reasonably under Windows NT on a system with 128 MB
RAM and up to a 256 MB swap file, and a resolution of 1024 x 768, what
recommendations do you have, and why, for how much graphics RAM is
desirable. This is for undergraduate student use with 2D and 3D
graphics, including animations.
In particular, is 4 MB graphics RAM really enough? 8MB?
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
Amherst, MA 01003-4515
Prev by Date:
RE: Subscripted local variables in Module
Next by Date:
Re: Getting peak value from a Graph in Plot command - pls help
Previous by thread:
Re: Subscripted local variables in Module
Next by thread:
Re: how much graphics RAM?