how much graphics RAM?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24031] how much graphics RAM?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:07:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
System requirements for Mathematica 4.0 under Windows NT do not say anything about graphics (video) RAM. To run Mathematica reasonably under Windows NT on a system with 128 MB RAM and up to a 256 MB swap file, and a resolution of 1024 x 768, what recommendations do you have, and why, for how much graphics RAM is desirable. This is for undergraduate student use with 2D and 3D graphics, including animations. In particular, is 4 MB graphics RAM really enough? 8MB? -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H) Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) Amherst, MA 01003-4515