- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24139] reply
- From: pecar at masfak.masfak.ni.ac.yu (Predrag Rajkovic)
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:11:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Math Forum
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I also had some problems with accuracy tranferring the documents from Mathematica 2.2 to 3.0. I tried your example. I have got: N[Pi,2]=3.1; N[N[Pi,2],10]=3.141592654????? I expected 3.100000000. As I know, N gives wanted exactness or more, so it is all right. But, If you get N[Pi, 10]=3.14, then something is wrong with your PC.