Re: Conditionals with multiple tests?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24117] Re: Conditionals with multiple tests?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:11:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"The Book" *is* clear in this point. Everything is an expression (except
a comment) including a CompoundExpression[]. If CompoundExpression[]
not a expression it's name where CompoundTheOnlyNonExpression[].
Chapter 2.1.1 of "The Book" has the huge bold head line
"Everything Is an Expression" is this clear enough ?

BTW, was it so complicated to try it out inside the Mathematica
that you must write a long news group posting ? Where is the
good old pioneer spirit that say "Let's try it out"?

And what is a "legal way to implement" something, get a court decision
every character or only for every expression ?
And what is the punishment for illegal implementations ? Working
programs ?

And is

not better to read and more compact with out a
CompoundExpression[] ?