newbie, problems with loading packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22435] newbie, problems with loading packages
  • From: "Kevin Tambascio" <kmt at po.cwru.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 00:40:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to load some custom packages that are required by my professor
in a class.  I know that other people have used them, but I can't get them
to work.  I copied them here:

e:\math3\AddOns\Applications\UVW, where UVW is the name of the packages.  I
try to load the package, and I get no warning, but when I try to use any of
the functions inside, all I get is the exact same text outputted.

This is how I load the package:
<<UVW`DataRep`

Here is what I am seeing:
In:= Histogram2D[heart, 0,100,10, 0,60,10]
Out:=Histogram2D[{{17.9,27},{23.1,4},{40,3},{6.5,35},...]

I have seen this package run on Solaris during class, but I am running
Mathematica on WinNT4.  Am I putting these packages in the right directory??
According to the help file, I am.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please
email me in any replies.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin