Re: How to do a Nonlinear Complex Fit ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22466] Re: How to do a Nonlinear Complex Fit ?
  • From: "Robert Nowak" <robert.nowak at ims.co.at>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 02:26:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
have tried this too, but seems to be not supported by NonlinearFit.
possible solution is to set up your problem with FindMinimum. this way you
must secify your own minimum criterium e.g. least square.

if only the definition range of your function is complex but the function
values are real you can still use NonlinearFit, just look at your complex
data as 2D data. split your complex x values into 2D vektor {Re[x], Im[x]}

Robert

--
---
Robert Nowak (robert.nowak at ims.co.at)