- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22492] Antipodal Maps
- From: Hans Havermann <haver at total.net>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:33 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Someone suggested to me yesterday that the antipodal map of New Zealand corresponded roughly with Italy. After referencing an atlas, I thought it would be closer to Spain. Miscellaneous`WorldPlot` contains most of the data to do this sort of thing graphically. Anybody want to have a go at this? Create an antipodal New Zealand and superimpose it on the relevant part of Europe involved. Show the intersection of the antipodal New Zealand with any European countries in a different color.