Stieltjes Integral

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22475] Stieltjes Integral
  • From: Greg <gregor_o at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, I just wanted to calculate Integrate[x,{x^2,0,1}] and ....... - Well
Integrate[...] does only support Riemann integral. So, is there a package
for free available that teaches M4 a little bit something about Stieltjes
integral? It should be fairly trivial. But the master index of M4 does not
list anything under the term "Stieltjes".

BTW, I know the result of the above integral and I am not looking for a
special M4 routine that can handle only the trivial example mentioned in
this message. The correct result is 2/3.

Thanks,

Greg