Re: MathLink Speed.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22611] Re: MathLink Speed.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:46:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you are doing nothing wrong. But I don't know what
you measure. Timing[] measure only the time of the
kernel to create the data and to prepare the data.

You can't just compute 1800 * 4 * sizeof(double) to get the
memory. You have atleast the "Polygon" heads take into account
and the and the "List" heads for the point list, the "List" heads
of the coordinates as well as the integers for count the number of
points and coordinates.

The only high level protocol that is faster than MathLink is MPI
but it is not able to transfer *any* Mathematica structure.

Regards
  Jens

 The speed of MathLink is less i