Mathematica 4.0.1 and Linux: Problems?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22623] Mathematica 4.0.1 and Linux: Problems?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at cpkwebser5.ncr.disa.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:10:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I just upgraded my Mathematica to 4.0.1 on my SuSE Linux box.  I attempted to
run a fairly large animation and found that the entire animation would
not stay in memory.  I have 256 Meg of RAM and have run the same
animation on a system with 128 Meg without the same result.  It may be
worth mentioning that I am running the KDE.  I have an ATI Rage 128 GL
AGP with 32 Meg of RAM.  I have a PIII 600 with a 133 MHz outer bus.   I
will also note that my physical memory does not fill, and the Linux swap
space is empty when this happens.

Has anybody else had a problem like mine?

TIA,

Steve