Re: Mathlink two way communication

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22676] Re: Mathlink two way communication
  • From: miyaji at taiiku.tsukuba.ac.jp (Chikara MIYAJI)
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:27:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Johannes,

In article <8aqqig$a3n at smc.vnet.net>, "Johannes Ludsteck"
<ludsteck at zew.de> wrote:

>I would like to set up a External C function with two arguments: a
>_very_ large list of data and a short list of parameters.
>Since the function is called very often from Mathematica, it would
>increase speed considerable if the large data list were transferred
>in the first call and only the parameter list is tranferred in
>subsequent calls. (The data remain the same, only the parameters
>change).

For your needs, writing MathLink template program will fit. You only need
to write your functions which will get two arguments and return the
result.

Next consideration will be the time to transfer the data. This will vary
from environments. You can guess how long does it take from my
web site which test MathLink transfer time on various platform.

<http://www.melt.kyutech.ac.jp/~miyaji/index-e.shtml>