Re: Getting values from Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22667] Re: Getting values from Plot
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:27:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bernd:

There are actually a couple of FAQs that address this question, including
the new collection of HOWTOs maintained by WRI. I've had the same experience
that you describe, though, where I haven't had much  luck finding items in
this collection or the technical FAQs using the site search engine. This is
unfortunate, since the material there supplements the Mathematica book and
(hopefully) will grow too large for casual browsing.

From

http://library.wolfram.com/howtos/coords/

or

http://support.wolfram.com/Graphics/SelectPoints.html

How Do I Extract Coordinates from a Plot?
To select a coordinate in a Mathematica plot or two-dimensional graphic,
select the graphic, press the CONTROL key, and press the left mouse button.
A small dot at the position of the mouse pointer and the coordinates will be
displayed in the lower-left corner of the window. To see or use these
coordinates, choose Copy from the Edit menu, unselect the graphic, and
paste. The coordinates will show up as a Mathematica list in a new input
cell.

This information is available in the Input|Get Graphics Coordinates menu.

A. Sharma

Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Nephrologist,
McGill University/Montreal Children's Hospital