display graphics with v4.0 on DU

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22693] display graphics with v4.0 on DU
  • From: Ulf Saalmann <us at atom.msi.se>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:28:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 Hej,

 after upgrading to Mathematica 4.0 on Digital Unix 4.0
 we are unable to display graphics on the screen.
 Using for instance a simple "Plot[]" command the program
 just hangs. (After starting "math" we get the message
 "-- Motif graphics initialized --".)

 Why?

 Thank you for any hints!

--Ulf (us at atom.msi.se)