Re: How to load Kernel automatically

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22749] Re: [mg22688] How to load Kernel automatically
  • From: Bojan Bistrovic <bojanb at python.physics.odu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:27:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> How do I load the Kernel automatically when loading Mathematica ? I want to
> be able to do this because I don't want to wait for the Kernel to load when
> I do the first calculation. I have Mathematica 4.01 for students run in
> Win98 SE.

Under "Kernel"/"Kernel Configuration Options..." menu select your kernel, click
"Edit Item..." and check the "Automatically launch on eront end startup" box.
Next time you start the front end the kernel will start as well.

Bye, Bojan

Bojan Bistrovic,                                      bojanb at jlab.org
Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA & Jefferson Lab, Newport News, VA