Re: Options Inspector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22790] Re: Options Inspector
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:58:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8bfen2$ie9 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Bill Marks <bmarks at helix.nih.gov> writes:

> I'm running Mathematica 4.0.0.0 under MacOs 8.0.
> My graphics were at the bottom of the box you get when you select a
> graphic (the bounding box?) so I opened the Options
> Inspector:Graphics Options:Image Margins.  They were set at 0. So as
> an experiment I set the four margins to Automatic.  This did not
> help.  Instead it gave a fatal error.  When I restarted and tried to
> reset them, they reverted immediately.  "Apply" never turned on.  No
> variations (Global, notebook,...) I could find had any effect.
> "Graphics" in not in the default style sheet .

ImageMargins does not have any impact upon the placement of a
graphics object within a bounding box.  This is specified through
the options of the graphics object itself.

The ImageMargins option determines where the bounding box will be
placed physically within a cell.

> Now graphics do not appear.    I think the answer is to get a
> complete list of the options presently active.  I've forgotten
> how to do this.

Options which are set explicitly for a given scope will have a
bullet next to them when the scope indicator is set at that
scope level.  If you have a selection for which you want to
view all options that are set explicitly, then set the scope
indicator to "selection" and set the view-by indicator to "as text".

> By the way, what's the difference between the Options Inspector and
> Preferences?  They seem to do the same thing.

I answered this question the last time you posted it to this forum.
Go take a look at the archives to refresh your memory.

http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2000/Mar/msg00030.html

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com