Re: Making Mathematica "beep"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23317] Re: Making Mathematica "beep"
- From: "Dale Horton" <daleh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 18:00:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote in message news:8eg7d7$hf4 at smc.vnet.net... > In most programming languages, one can write the ASCII character Ctrl-G > to output in order to cause the computer to "beep". How can one do it > in Mathematica (ver. 4.0, with a Notebook Front End)? > > -- > Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu > Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H) > Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) > Amherst, MA 01003-4515 > I don't know of a way to trigger the built-in beep (except by committing an error). How about Importing and Showing a beep? -Dale