Re: Could we build matrix with codition instruction?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23331] Re: [mg23314] Could we build matrix with codition instruction?
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 00:43:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Coase,    Copy this and try it.
In[5]:=
Needs["LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation`"]
In[12]:=
M = UpperDiagonalMatrix[Function[x, 1], 4];
M // MatrixForm

Out[13]//MatrixForm=
\!\(\*
  TagBox[
    RowBox[{"(", "\[NoBreak]", GridBox[{
    (MatrixForm[ #]&)]\)

Look up the documentation for UpperDiagonalMatrix[] and you will see that
the first argument is a function, and it need not be just a constant,
allowing for variable UDM s.
-mark