Question: Fitting numerical solutions of ord. diff. equ.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23365] Question: Fitting numerical solutions of ord. diff. equ.
  • From: Marc Datz <datz at ise.fhg.de>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 02:59:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
for my diploma thesis I have to optimize the parameters of a only
numerical solvable System of ordinary differential equations, so that it
fits optimal to my measured curve.
I have 6 implicit ordinary differential eqautions with derivatives to
time which I have to solve numerically. The parameters of the equations
have to be optimized in a way, that the chi^2 value of the calculated
NF(t) and  my measured data is minimized (see atached File).

[get the file by contacting the author ---moderator]

I work on a solution in Pascal, but I heard it would be easy to solve
this problem with Mathematica. Unfortunately I dont know anybody who
could help me. The advantage would be that I could get the standard
errors of the parameters (alpha, beta...) and see very fast which are
significant.
I never worked with Mathematica before and I want to know, how I have to
proceed and how much time you think it will take.
Many thanks
               Marc