How to Play Sound from FrontEndTokenExecute

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23433] How to Play Sound from FrontEndTokenExecute
  • From: "Pascal BAES" <pascal.baes at skynet.be>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, great programmer, scuse for pigeon English I run Math 3 on PPC
Mac.  I want play succesively several sound from several notebook
without clic always.  I tryed already hundred methods like:

nb="pathOfMyNotebook00";
NotebookOpen[nb];
SelectionMove[nb,After,Notebook];
Table[SelectionMove[nb,Previous,CellGroup];
SelectionAnimate[nb,LengthOfSoundInSeconde],{HowManySound}]
It work, but, I want more...

My Probleme is:I want Play all sound without take a chronometer an mesure
eatch...(Even I already did , hours and hours...)
SelectionAnimate need to now how many time play,
but "Play Sound" from Cell Menu  don't.
sound,etc...and if sound are short (~1s), It Play always 2 time eatch.

I imagine throug "FrontEndTokenExecute", I can jump that problem and just
try:

nb="pathOfMyNotebook00";
NotebookOpen[nb];
SelectionMove[nb,All,Notebook];
FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken["Play Sound"]];
or
FrontEndTokenExecute["Play Sound"];
but, without result.

Why it don't work?
Where I can get some exemple of FrontEndTokenExecute?
Or other exemple to play All Sound from (folder), or list of notebooks?
Many Thinks if some one care about my question.
Pascal BAES
LaPoseLongue
PataPhysicLab