Question on version 4 and long Pi calculations.....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23515] Question on version 4 and long Pi calculations.....
- From: zeno at magicnet.net
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Verio
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know that version 4 can calculate Pi much faster than previous versions..the web site though mentions "up to 10 million" places, etc. Does that mean the extreme speed increase is for only up to the first 10 million places? Or is the speed increase the same for any amount of places, and the only limit is ones memeory? If one had enough memory, could one calculte Pi to 50 milion places with a great speed increase in addition to 1 milion places or 10 million?