Question on version 4 and long Pi calculations.....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23515] Question on version 4 and long Pi calculations.....
- From: zeno at magicnet.net
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Verio
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know that version 4 can calculate Pi much faster than previous
versions..the web site though mentions "up to 10 million" places, etc. Does
that mean the extreme speed increase is for only up to the first 10 million
places? Or is the speed increase the same for any amount of places, and the
only limit is ones memeory? If one had enough memory, could one calculte Pi
to 50 milion places with a great speed increase in addition to 1 milion
places or 10 million?
Prev by Date:
Re: [Help me] Start Up Error
Next by Date:
multiplying a list of matrices together
Previous by thread:
Re: Sorting with Infinity
Next by thread:
Re: Question on version 4 and long Pi calculations.....