Re: Slow system reaction
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23505] Re: Slow system reaction
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8fn4o2$a0v at smc.vnet.net>,
Klamser at t-online.de (Peter Klamser) writes:
> Hi, when I let Mathematica do a longer computation under WiNT 4.0 the
> system has a very long reaction time when I try to open a file with a other
> program via the explorer. This does not happen, when I open the application
> directly and load the file via the file open menu.
Do you run anti-virus software with real-time scanning capabilities.
The action of attempting to open a document from the Windows Explorer
shell probably results in the anti-virus software scanning the file,
which uses CPU resources. Try disabling the realtime feature to see
if you observe a difference.
Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
multiplying a list of matrices together
Next by Date:
Re: approximation by rationals
Previous by thread:
Slow system reaction
Next by thread:
Re: Piecewise functions