Re: Slow system reaction
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23505] Re: Slow system reaction
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8fn4o2$a0v at smc.vnet.net>, Klamser at t-online.de (Peter Klamser) writes: > Hi, when I let Mathematica do a longer computation under WiNT 4.0 the > system has a very long reaction time when I try to open a file with a other > program via the explorer. This does not happen, when I open the application > directly and load the file via the file open menu. Do you run anti-virus software with real-time scanning capabilities. The action of attempting to open a document from the Windows Explorer shell probably results in the anti-virus software scanning the file, which uses CPU resources. Try disabling the realtime feature to see if you observe a difference. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.