Linking with C++
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23570] Linking with C++
- From: "Mike Chesterman" <M.J.Chesterman at btinternet.com>
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 17:44:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I want to construct a mini package for Mathematica which involves defining new types of objects and functions of these objects , (to be specific 2D conformal fields in physics). Anyhow, I've only used Mathematica once 5 years ago and I need to know: 1) Can you define new types of objects, relations between them and functions of them purely in Mathematica? 2) If not is it possible to interface between Mathematica and C++, whereby the C++ bit can return expressions as well as numbers? Any advice welcome Mike C.