hung for good?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23592] hung for good?
- From: "Matt Enlow" <matt at enlow.net>
- Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:12:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is it possible to give Mathematica (4.0) an expression to evaluate that will send it into an infinite loop? (The evaluation itself does not contain any loops.) Or does it have some way of knowing when it's "stuck"? I realize some evaluations may take a very long time... but is there some way of knowing whether any progress is being made while I'm waiting? Thanks in advance, Matt Enlow Bridgeport, CT